In the darkest alleys of economic lore, a monster lurks. A demon that was birthed in 1913, the year the Federal Reserve was created. It’s been gnawing away, gradually eating at the heart of the US dollar, until now, more than a century later, the dollar’s value has plunged by over 90%.
This is no urban legend, folks. This is reality. No crisis sirens blared, no alerts were issued, for this calamity has been creeping up on us ever so subtly, quietly engineering a worldwide crisis. But here’s the shocker: the powers that be have no viable solution. They are sinking in the quagmire of a spiraling government debt, their desperate tactics akin to trying to douse an inferno with gasoline.
You see, the strategy employed thus far has been to inject the economic system with more dollars, like trying to resuscitate a drowning man by pumping more water into his lungs. As the waves of these new dollars hit our economy, the once-mighty greenback teeters precariously on the edge of a precipice.
Many financial wizards are nodding in grim agreement.
Two foundational flaws have driven us into this financial purgatory. Firstly, the government’s unquenchable thirst to dictate the economy, using bursts of money to stoke the flames before slamming the brakes with higher interest rates.
Secondly, the unholy reliance on unbacked paper currency – a violation of the U.S. Constitution – has given the government the power to conjure dollars limitlessly. History has a way of repeating itself, and let’s not forget that every time unbacked paper currency was used, it plummeted to its intrinsic value. Zilch.
This disaster would mean the dollar, that can be conjured endlessly out of thin air, would be a pariah in international trade. Your beloved imports – oil, manufactured goods, raw materials – would skyrocket in cost. The dollar’s value would plummet domestically, its fate as yet unknown.
But amidst this dystopian financial storm, there’s hope, my friends.
How do we weather this impending catastrophe?
Here are some lifelines:
- Live lean. Embrace frugality, it could be your new best friend.
- Grow and preserve your own food. Mother Nature provides, let’s learn from her.
- Fortify your home against unwanted intruders.
- Master the art of barter. The old ways could become the new norm.
- Adapt to a world with limited utilities: electricity, natural gas, gasoline, emergency services, and waste management.
- Seek out a tribe of like-minded neighbors for mutual support. Strength lies in numbers.
- Secure physical silver and gold coins. True wealth doesn’t fade.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities in the brave new economy.
I lay out this apocalyptic scenario before you.
What will you do about it?
The choice is yours.
Consider this your wake-up call, my friend.
For in the world of economy, forewarned is forearmed.